Friday, September 28, 2012

Milani Fall Fashion Nail Trends: My Designs!

A few weeks ago, a lovely lady from Milani contacted me and asked if I'd like to create four nail designs inspired by four fashion nail trends. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity and I was so flattered that I was asked to participate. Many other awesome nail bloggers particapated as well and there were so many beautiful designs submitted!

Milani has posted all of the designs on their Pinterest page. I'm going to post my four designs below, but you should definitely go check out everyone else's as well!

The four fashion nail trends that Milani asked us to base our designs off of were: Haute Rod, Color Block, Glamazon, and Gilded Rebel!

Haute Rod: I started with one coat of Milani Black Swift. Then using both Milani Gold Glitz and Red Sparkle I made stripes while leaving some black for a half moon look!
 
Color Block: For the white base I used Milani White on the Spot and used my striping tape to section off the triangles. The orange that I used was Milani Jiffy Orange and the red was Milani Rapid Cherry.


Glamazon: I started with one coat of Milani Black Swift and then did one coat of Milani Twinkle. For the glitter placement that frames each nail I used Milani Fuchsia.

 
Gilded Rebel: Since I was using neons for this mani I did a base of Milani White on the Spot. Then I did two coats of Milani Totally 80's and sponged a gradient using Milani Fresh Teal. Lastly, I did one coat of Milani Teal!
 
 
This project was SO fun to do and I still can't believe I was among the bloggers that were asked to take part. How amazing?! Like I mentioned above you should definitely go check out Milani's pinterest page to see all of the other gorgeous designs!
 
Many, many thanks to Milani for allowing me to participate in this! :)
 
*All of the polishes used for this project were provided for me by Milani.

11 comments:

  1. Each one of these is so pretty!!! On the Glamazon design, how did you get the pink glitter to frame your nail? Did you have to pick out and place each piece of glitter? I can't decide which is my favorite, you did a very very nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to pick it out and then place it where I wanted it. It was such a pain! lol But, I do like how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those are some blingy manis! I think my favorite is Gilded Rebel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that one is my favorite too!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your designs! So cool that you got to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm can I hire you to do my nails like, every day?? Please?? LOL! These are awesome! The Haute Rod mani reminds me of a Carnival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do your nails if you do my makeup!! :) :)

      Delete
  5. So awesome that you did this! These turned out really awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete